Baby Axie diet?

tlow

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey all,
My first ever axie is about 3-4cm long, however I have no idea how old he/she is. It has all four legs. I'm really worried about how much it has been eating, I don't know what a normal amount is for this size. It usually eats about 10 1cm-long bloodworms per day. Is this enough? And should I be supplementing with anything else?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4432.jpg
    IMG_4432.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 136
At that size, I usually give mine as much as they can eat twice daily. He does look a little thin, but not bad. I might add live blackworms if you can get them, and if you can get small earthworms or chop them small enough, that's a great food, too. Bloodworms are fine for now, but earthworms and/or pellets have better nutrition, so I try to switch mine as soon as they are big enough to take them.

Thanks. Some days he's really keen on his worms and others I feel like I am force-feeding him lol. I have added pellets, though he doesn't really seem to enjoy those either :/ Blackworms unfortunately are not an option where I am located and neither are earthworms... I would dig my own but the ground is still frozen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back