Baby axolotl: a couple are floating head first

mikeg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Michael
i have about 120 or so baby axolotls they are about 3 weeks have been on microworms, feed them bbs (baby brine shrimp) one time because i have the worse luck with shrimp so they are still on microworms, but today when i went to go feed them microworms i notices about 13 of them where floating along the side of the tank head first, if this because they are not eating? i havent seen them eat, i just assume they eat, tank is bare nothing in it just bubbler

also would it be easier next time to put daphnia in the tank for a week before they eggs hatch?

They are floating because they need more food and have probably outgrown microworms. You could try Daphnia, BBS or finely chopped blackworms.

Regards Neil

They are floating because they need more food and have probably outgrown microworms. You could try Daphnia, BBS or finely chopped blackworms.

Regards Neil

okay thanks, and do u have any idea where i could buy daphnia in canada? i am in ontario

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back