Question: Baby Axolotl

Jaymee

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Jammy Dodger
Iv got a baby axolotl (wild type) who wont eat. i got her 2days ago.
I noramly feed my axolotls devon they love it every other day sept she wont eat it:( any idea's? (please dont say blood worm or earth worms)

i also have a wild type axolotl who iv had for ages and she has gotten very large she is very bulky. iv put her on a diet and she is still fairly large any idea about wha foods to make her slim down?

There in a 6ft tank and there are only 3 of them Marshmellow she
is the fatty 8inches, 3yrs old, wild type , Mango a bright yellow 6inch female 1yr old and now the new member Skitz a baby wild type 3inches long about 3-4 months old.

I clean the tank out every month and change the water 25% every week there are 2 large air stones in there ,hiding places with plants heater ,a large filter that doesnt bother them and gravel they dont eat the gravel.:D

the tempture in day time 20 - 22c and at night falls to 18 - 19c.
The tank only just sits next a window and is mostly dark in the room.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back