Back again.

lotty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Ian
Hi all. I have not been on here for a while. I did have an axy but that was 4 years ago. I am thinking of finally getting a couple of fire belly newts.
I have three blue lobsters (crayfish) which are growing well. I also have some mollies in the tank. I have had a few tanks with tropical fish (malawi's, community and marine) but got it down to just one tank now. A case of more tanks than space. lol.
I told my wife about 3 years ago a friend offered to give me some newts out of his pond if I get a pond or tank. But as they are wild native ones, I did not think it right and would like a fire belly newt instead. Well, now I am finally wanting one. I just have to get a small tank for them. Something like a 60L tank (2ft x 1ft x 1ft)

Thanks for the welcome back. Still looking for a decent tank for newts which I will get later today or tomorrow. There is always my local pet shop or wilko's. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back