Back from the dead?!

M

madeleine

Hi there
happy.gif

OK this technically isn't about axolotls, but here goes;

When I started to cycle my tank I thought "Hey, I'll just grab some little fish and let them help the process" - and of course, one died. Realising that I have a conscience, I thought I would get "Fishy 1" (the name for the sake of this story) a new home. As I didn't have one, I put him in a vase thing and it was all working out great.

Anyway, I thought I would get him a friend, but for some reason Fishy 1 just died straight away. (My luck with fish isn't so great, huh)

Now, Fishy 2 was great, really great, until he stopped eating - so I figured, hey, he needs a new home. So i got a nice big tank for him and I was about to scoop him out with one of those net things - when he got extra freaked out and wacked his head on the side of the bowl..

So he floated to the surface... At first I was like "WHAT!?! HE CAN'T DIE DAMNIT!! NOT NOW!!!" but sure enough he was belly up. Anyway, to cut a long story short - I poked him a few times and he started breathing again - I plonked him in his new tank and he's swimming around now, happy and.. undead..

What the?

Has anyone ever had this happen?! He was clearly dead/not breathing/belly up/other dead-like feature for about 3 minutes..

it probably went into shock sometimes like birds do when they fly into things but thats my opinion either way its alive

I have found fish on the floor covered in lint and looking way dead make a come back when put back in the tank. Sometimes "they aren't quite right" though.

Madeleine, watch out - you might have a zombie fish on your hands.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back