Bloat in tylototriton shanjing juvenile

KaySlinky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Kieran
I am having a few issues with one of my male shanjing juveniles. I have noticed over the past couple of days one looks like it is bloated, and even his head looks like a frog with a dewlap! But it moves with his breathing and he will open his mouth but only voluntarily. And i have not been able to have a look inside! I know it could be a symptom of dehydration and I have noticed he has not been using his water as much. But temp and humidity are fine. He still has an interested in food and quite active. Was thinking maybe he's also constipated? In which case does anyone know the best way to flush his system? Ive been giving him baths and moved to a more clincal set up. I did give him a smaller feed as he was over due anyway which he quite happily took down. Thinking could he possibly just be fat and i should reduce feed for a little while? Ive done everything I can think of without resorting to medical aids. If anyone could offer any words of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated. Just abit worried about him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back