Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Blue Frogs

newtamander

Reaction score
I saw blue tree frogs at my local pet store. I dont know what species they are, but I think they are vietnamese blue tree frogs any pics might help.

T

tylototriton

You're probably correct, they are most likely Polypedates dennysi. They have been appearing more and more in the hobby, and are really the only "blue" species that I can think of. For photos check the Kingsnake classifieds. I don't have any that I can post.

Alex

newtamander

Reaction score
Okay thats our species:D. Do you know any place I could find info on caring for it.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Ok so the only place I could find reliable info is here. I hope that helps. I am not sure if that link is suitable so I apologize in advance.

T

tylototriton

I don't think they are very difficult captives, probably comparable to any other tree frog species. They would probably do fine in a temperate vivarium with normal temperatures. I think that the only catch with these guys might be that they are fragile when young, which is really true with any species. To look for more information broaden your search to any foam-nesting tree frog, but like I said, the care is pretty basic.

Best of Luck
Alex

newtamander

Reaction score
Thanks :D. I have to consider if I have room for them, but otherwise I'm pretty set on these guys. I will update you on this later.

Ciddian

Reaction score
I just picked up one of these myself. A very nice frog indeed...

here is a shot of the temp set up. Mimic'd a green tree set up and that link up there as well... Just need to do some fine tuning with temperatures since its been cold here lately and the hubby is still crazy with the air cond. :(

DSC04040_edited.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

Good luck with him/her! :)

newtamander

Reaction score
Nice frog ;). I definitly know the frog I saw was one of those now:happy:. Probably will get one, not sure when though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!