Blue Spotted

Thanks

These new crickets I got are pretty big, should be a nice meal

Plants looking better after about 1.5 weeks of 30watts instead of 15w. I want to get a 24x24x24 tank so I can plan the scaping better. Maybe in a few months. A 55 imo is to long

Im watching him hunt right now! 316am. Those crickets are smart, they dont move at ALL when he is looking at them!

Well having big crickets was a mistake, they destroyed my aluminum plant. Theres about 30 leaves left of about the 100 I had before. But they didnt touch the suzy wong fern go figure. Lesson learned stick to small crickets! Its growing back though and the wong is shooting up sprouts. hes hiding now in some place I cant find, sucker must have dug to the bottom this time. In thinking 8-12 weeks from now getting some moss and possibly a slighty bigger tank. Id like a 30-36x*x24. Ill have to check the lists when the time comes, I bet I can get a used tank somewhere for pretty dang cheap

You have a very nice salamander. Remember that it is best to keep food in the tank that the animal will eat within a short time. It would not be the first time that having crickets in an enclosure as the intended prey have in fact become the predators of the animal they were intended to feed. There is nothing safer than a pre killed earthworm dusted with nutrients and cut to size. Your salamander will appreciate it.

Thanks. Ya I hear not to have live food around the sallys all the time but I never see the guy except maybe once every 2-3 weeks. So I figure its better safe than sorry having live food around so when I am sleeping he can eat. If I saw him alot then I would definitely be feeding him myself.

Well I got bored and rescaped a little. I originally threw the suzy wong out, but it was in the trash can looking at me so I split some of it up and planted it in various locations. I mixed some top soil in with the coco fiber and ordered a few plants.Calathea concinna and Selaginella - Plana, HOPEFULLY they will send me these
and not some replacement because of the season like they did with the pos wong.
Aluminum plant is looking good, growing back well.

Found the sally again, sucker got real long, still looks a little plump so I know hes
eating alright.

Heres the current scape
1007236ng4.jpg

1007237sx8.jpg

Alum plant has gotten alot of sprouts so thats good. Suzy wong is a terrible plant, Im sure it will be dead in a month so I will let it be and die. He are the updated pics of my 2 new plants.

Calathea Concinna and Selaginella Plana

1007294wz2.jpg

1007295xo3.jpg

1007296ly5.jpg

1007297mv1.jpg

1007298wf6.jpg

Heres another update on the plants. Theres about 3 worms in there, weather he finds them when he is hiding I have no clue

sallykc8.jpg

I also upgraded to dual 6700k lights. A nice light I hope the plants respond well to them.

I found him again after months of hiding. I am guessing he wants more food, Ill have to get him some today. I took some pics Ill post them up later

Ya I saw, dang, I made a photobucket account here are the pics

100_8558.jpg

100_8558.jpg

100_8553.jpg

100_8553.jpg

wow 4 seperate links and only 2 pics, i give up

Well you know we have our own thing like photobucket, right? Click the link in the nav bar to our galleries. Or you can just upload the files straight to the thread.

I'd recommend a dead leaf and small bark subsrate so that coco doesn't stick to him all the time. Just through it down on top of coco with some springtails and you'll have an ideal set up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back