Country
United States
Display Name
Tim Johnson
I've just heard about this book:

The Colour Pictorial Handbook of Amphibians in Sichuan

http://www.hceis.com/product/index/amphipia/amphipia%20in%20Sichuan.htm

Anybody here have it?

I hear it has really good photos and illustrations, and covers 10 kinds of salamanders (not incl. newts) and 2 kinds of newts.

6156.jpg

Hi Tim
It looks like a very good book from your picture.
Pity it's in chinese
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Hi Francesco, yeah but with pics of egg masses and habitats even, it'd still be a nice addition to the collection. I could always get somebody to translate parts for me (and others
happy.gif
). Looks like a really serious effort. Still, it's probably mostly devoted to frogs...
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

That's what happens in most of the books on amphibians: 80% on anurans and 20% on caudates
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I know that there are much more species of frogs than salamanders...
cry.gif
uhoh.gif
blush.gif

Tim, is there a good book on asian salamanders in english?

maybe a bit off topic, but does anyone know a good book on triturus species in english or dutch?

Yes, Francesco, there's a definite bias in favor of frogs
violent.gif
Sorry, I don't know of any books on Asian sals in English, except for one that deals solely with Onychodactylus:

The Clawed Salamanders of Asia: Genus Onychodactylus
Biology, Distribution and Conservation
S L Kuzmin

Coen, have you seen The Newts and Salamanders of Europe (Richard A. Griffiths) yet? It's very good.

6190.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back