Bottom Feeders & Axolotls..?

inkozana

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Stef
Can you put them in the same tank together? I'm talking about (albino) cory, loaches or clown pecos.

Can you put them in the same tank together? I'm talking about (albino) cory, loaches or clown pecos.

I think with axolotl's it is advisable not to mix anything with them, bottom feeders might nip at your axolotl's gills and if not big enough get eaten. But I have no personal experience though.

These are all a bad idea, as clown loaches have a curved spine just below their eye that springs out when they are threatened - so if swallowed can cause some serious internal damage. Corydoras are able to lock their pectoral and dorsal fins into a rigid spine too, so the same thing goes. Alas, yes, it is best to keep them alone or in the company of other axolotls, and do the cleaning manually ;)

I will, thank-you for your help. I will not put any other fish in with my axolotls :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back