boy or girl ???

mudvayne42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was just wondering if any one could tell me wether this is a boy or a girl or if u just think it is a boy or a girl even if you are not sure any answer would be welcome thanks :)

Attachments

• IMAG0262.JPG
    IMAG0262.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 386
  • IMAG0263.JPG
    IMAG0263.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG0264.JPG
    IMAG0264.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG0265.JPG
    IMAG0265.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 271
  • IMAG0266.JPG
    IMAG0266.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 283
Your axie looks very young, it may be too early to say if its a boy or girl. How old/how long is it?

about 8+ months now and has black nails and is 19.5 cm / 7.7 inches

Righty ho..I'm going with its a girl..and the black toes suggests to me its mature , however I'm not competely sure as size wise its still quite little. I take it you measured roughly from tip of nose to tip of tail?

I'm going with boy... but I can't say for sure.

I think boy.

I think it might be a boy because your looks like it has a small bump and my girl has no bump at all

I think your axie is a girl.

so sounds like a boy then cant be sure though but the majority say boy so im going with that thanks everyone :D

I would say a boy, but the photos don't show much. If you put a girl in their you will soon find out. The testes swell and go pink. Like these pics of Sokar (Now deceased) Getting a bit frisky with Scarlett.

081-1.jpg

139.jpg

Actually, that picture looks more like a swollen cloaca due to impaction due to gravel ingestion (which is probably what lead to the death of this individual).

Axolotls drop spermatophores, which are small sperm packets ontop of a jelly stalk. Females then pick these up with their cloaca. They don't have external reproductive organs.

I think that one was female, while my female was laying eggs her cloaca somewhat resembled your photo. My males bits and bobs have stayed always stayed internal ( unless he's shy!!)

That would explain why i found an egg in there afterwards. lol. the dude at the aquarium told me sokar was a boy though. lol. i thought scarlett had left it.

Also it was never there until i put the other one in and it happened pretty much instantly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back