Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding a marbled..

Z

zach

I am thinking of getting into breeding mableds. I have one male as of now I am looking to get a female or two soon. I would just like to know how a successful breeder of these guys breed them? Condition, temp, habitat,etc.? THanks

Z

zach

Yes,I have read it, theres no real good information on breeding, but really in rearing the larvae. I know most of the basic facts but I like being sure of eveything before i go and try so i know what I am doing.

N

nate

What exactly are you looking for with regard to breeding? Not everything is known about marbled captive breeding (like why they will breed one year and not another when the conditions are the same or the precise temps needed, etc.) so you're a bit stuck. The author of that care sheet has bred them and that's the best care sheet for them that currently exists. Ambystomas are a tricky genus to breed and you're simply not going to be able to be sure of everything. All you can do is set it up as best as possible, and that care sheet is your best guide.

E

edward

Hmm I thought I had covered the bases for all of the information I could nail down. I agree with Nate what kind of information are you looking for exactley?
Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!