Broken Leg?

memojo1979

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Mojo
Hi!
I've been doing a big clean of my axies tank today, so I can try a new sand subsitute + I've noticed that 1 of my wild-type's back legs is facing the wrong way (the toes are facing towards the tip of the tail + the sole of the foot is facing upwards)
There's nothing really in the tank that s/he could hurt it on, but I guess it could've been caught under / down the side of the filter.
Any tips?
Part of me is wondering if it should be removed (I'd have to get it done by a vet, obviously, though I don't think there are any near me that have much experience with amphibians) so that hopefully a replacement would grow back the right way round? Or, should it just be left in the hope it sorts itself + heals even if it then remains the wrong way round?

:(

I think either of those options is reasonable (amputation by vet, or leave it be). Any change since you posted? Is this axie kept by itself or with another?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back