Broken Stripe Eft and Eastern Noto Eft

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received this awesome Broken Striped Eft from "slowfoot" a couple months back. Its doing great eating wax worms, blackworms, and fruit flies. I took some pictures of the Broken Stripe Eft with an Eastern Newt Eft. Big difference in coloration but very similar habits. Thanks "slowfoot"!

Did anyone else receive any from her?

Attachments

• IMG_6343.JPGuse.JPG
    IMG_6343.JPGuse.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_6348.JPGuse.JPG
    IMG_6348.JPGuse.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_6350.JPGuse.JPG
    IMG_6350.JPGuse.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_6351.JPG
    IMG_6351.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IMG_6345.JPG
    IMG_6345.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 522
Glad she's (still looks like a 'she' to me) doing so well! Thanks for posting the pictures :D

Glad she's (still looks like a 'she' to me) doing so well! Thanks for posting the pictures :D

I really wanted to give you an update on how the Eft was doing. Obviously its doing great! any pointers for Dorsalis Efts?

Hey, Jaymes, sorry - I didn't see your last reply. I'm sure she's doing great. My only pointer is to feed them as much as they want to eat.

Have you gotten her to go into the water yet? All of my male efts are now aquatic, but the females still refuse to enter the water. Maybe you could give me some tips :p

ETA: I also gave two to Justin (Greatwtehunter) so he might have some tips.

Hey, Jaymes, sorry - I didn't see your last reply. I'm sure she's doing great. My only pointer is to feed them as much as they want to eat.

Have you gotten her to go into the water yet? All of my male efts are now aquatic, but the females still refuse to enter the water. Maybe you could give me some tips :p

ETA: I also gave two to Justin (Greatwtehunter) so he might have some tips.

She is still terrestrial but getting big. I think I'll wait a while before I try to offer her the aquatic life. When I take new photos I'll post them!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back