Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bufo typhonius

joshfrogz72

Reaction score
Getting in 2 pairs of the bufo typhonius tomorrow very excitied dont see thses guys around to often. i picked up a pair at the reptile show last week turned out to be 2 males and one died right away. so hopefully these come in good. just a awesome toad will post pics when i get . anyone ver work with these guys before

manderkeeper

Reaction score
I agree they are really cool. Sorry to hear one didn't make it. I know snakes at sunset has pairs in regularly, I asked about them a couple of times but didn't end up getting any. I've also heard some speculation you might need a small group to get them to breed. I'd read up on their natural history for sure. I'm holding out for now to see how people do with the influx of WC, I'll probably get some if they are successful in keeping and breeding them.

joshfrogz72

Reaction score
i just got my 2 pairs of bufo typhonius today and they are awesome, look very healthy, femals have very minor nose rubs but heard it is common with them. so i have them in a 40 breeder now and already eating dusted crickets. cant wait to see how they do. might want to pick up another pair very rarely see these for sale. i got the typhonius from snakes at sunset, waiting to see when they get the mini cresteds in. i would go for it they are amazing escpially the females with the huge crest

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1