Illness/Sickness: Bullying or sick?? Please help asap

Alienz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was cleaning out my axolotls tanks when I noticed that one of them legs was being held up and was injured

After removing her from the tank I noticed that the tail seemed to be damaged as well along with some gills and flaking on a back leg

I don't know if this is from bullying from my other axolotl or something else but I'm assuming it is bullying sense the other one it’s perfect fine and neither of them are experiencing problems such as not eating or floating ect ect

I’v never had this problem before so any help would be great

Attachments

• IMG_7374.jpeg
    IMG_7374.jpeg
    901.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    983.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    769.3 KB · Views: 49
they are nip marks not illness.
it won't be bullying but axolotls can be anti-social at times and nip at each other, make sure there are plenty of hides/caves so that they can have their own space.

I was cleaning out my axolotls tanks when I noticed that one of them legs was being held up and was injured

After removing her from the tank I noticed that the tail seemed to be damaged as well along with some gills and flaking on a back leg
:)
I don't know if this is from bullying from my other axolotl or something else but I'm assuming it is bullying sense the other one it’s perfect fine and neither of them are experiencing problems such as not eating or floating ect ect

I’v never had this problem before so any help would be great
she is slightly underweight which is most likely the source of the nips. make sure to feed all of your axolotls daily with 1-2 nightcrawlers or 6 sinking pellets each. make sure they have around 30 gallons between them and at least 1 hide each. make sure to keep the water quality good while the wounds heal as you don't want her to develop a fungus. hope this helps. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back