C. Orientalis or something else?

just a little update , I've found 38eggs and she stopped the laying activity five days ago , sadly more than half were bad :sad: so i've only a little more than 15eggs , i've promised (for free) some eggs for some people's but with only 15 I've to re do my original plan
Anyway the "survivor eggs" are developing , they are 10 days old more or less
now some pics ,
ps: the girl is going great , she eat anything anytime and she is so "bold" compared to my other Cynops Orientalis.

end-albums-cynops-sp-picture8932-maybe-something-else-eggs-update.jpg

end-albums-cynops-sp-picture8931-maybe-something-else-eggs-update.jpg

Definatly looks like C.orientalis, but I suppose this has already been covered x)

either way she's very beautifull.

You know in hybrids, the offspring are often much larger than the purebred adults, like the liger. The tail doesn't look like my orientalis, but maybe mine are just special ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
another update
I got some pictures of the recently morphed newts from the strange Cynops
they are a little bit less than 3cm , only 3 made it and more than 6 larvae die apparently without reason ( water quality ok , alot of live food like daphnia - artemia naupli ect)
the proud mother first
end-albums-cynops-sp-picture10765-080.jpg

end-albums-cynops-sp-picture10766-118.jpg

end-albums-cynops-sp-picture10769-120.jpg

end-albums-cynops-sp-picture10771-121.jpg

end-albums-cynops-sp-picture10768-002.jpg

Hmmm...I don't think that is a girl.... ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back