Cafepress Order

D

dawn

I got my stuff, including calendar and bumper sticker. That calendar is really superb. The pictures are excellent, quality-wise and cuteness-wise. All the little newt faces are so precious. I like how the Caudata logo is on every picture. And as for the bumpersticker, I'll let my car speak for itself!

hunter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Hunter
What a nice view.
The starfleet academy sticker sort of keeps everything in perspective, no?

J

john

Dawn - it's hard to tell from the photo, but is the "The Newt & Salamander Portal" cut off on the sticker?

Glad you're happy with your purchases!

D

dawn

Hi Hunter, and John,
"The Newt...Portal" comes to the very bottom edge of the sticker with no edge to spare.

About the Academy sticker: the other day I had to have this plumber over to check out an underground pipe. We were making conversation and he asked, "Do you come from San Francisco?" I said, "No, why?" "Well, I see you went to school out there." I said, "No, what makes you think that?" and he said, "Didn't I see on your car you studied at some academy out there?"
Now, this guy was a regular American-raised white plumber-geek. Whoever heard of a geek that didn't know about Star Trek? and no, he wasn't joking around!

Next thing someone will be asking me what kind of a drink "newts" is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • MVM1991:
    As long as its cleaned yeah! You can even make overhangs if you have enough pieces to make nice caves and platforms
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Ok, thanks!
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    My pleasure! River rocks work well too, and go rather well with all kinda lung less salamanders,
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Great! I'll use some of those too. Thanks for the help. :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • Tinky:
    So everywhere talks about testing your water parameters but I can't find what to do it there aren't right?! Like too low not too high, anybody any ideas?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    It’s very dry in Colorado. I make sure to spritz every night so while I’m sleeping. I have a nifty hydrometer that I got from Walmart. It tells me blue, green, red; too little humid, good, too much respectively. It’s been helpful to me.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    It tells me temperature AND humidity.
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Where'd you get that? Or is it just a combo from petsmart or something?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    I’m pretty sure I got it at a Walmart.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    I just looked it up to see if I can find it again. It’s actually a hyGROmeter and temperature. Which measures the dew point. Here is the difference between due point and humidity. https://www.weather.gov/arx/why_dewpoint_vs_humidityYou can calculate Th relative
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    the relative humidity using the dew point measurement.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    Here is the product I purchased:
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    it has a stand. And I had a spare suction from my filter. So it’s on the wall of my Sal’s enclosure.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    That’s a pic of it in the enclosure.
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Nice! Also, from what I can see you have an amazing setup! What species?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    S. S. Gigliolli
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Ooo nice!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    Thank you! I tried to share the video but unsuccessful. You can see it on my IG story @jnerdx
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Cool! I just have a tiger and a long tail, who we are trying to find as he ESCAPED INTO MY ROOM!
    +1
    Unlike
  • LauraLobster:
    Hey y'all, recently my juvenile axolotl's tail has been floating and can swim down but his tail lifts to an angle and I believe that it is stressing him out. He gets in between his plants to balance himself and I am cleaning out the bottom of the tank with my baster. I believe I overfed him and he also may have eaten many air bubbles. He's been like this for nearly 1 1/2 days.
    +1
    Unlike
  • LauraLobster:
    What would be the best thing to do ?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Redear has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
    Chat Bot: Redear has joined the room. +1