Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

can axolotls live with water bares aka tardigrades

axotol lover

Reaction score
can they live with Tardigrades.
im wondering this cause the seems cool to me i have a axolotl witch is around 5 inches had them for around 4ish months no problems yet but you know just wondering

Retrixy

Reaction score
can they live with Tardigrades.
im wondering this cause the seems cool to me i have a axolotl witch is around 5 inches had them for around 4ish months no problems yet but you know just wondering
The axolotl will probably just eat it and then explode.
just kidding, the tardigrade will probably die since when humans eat them they digest them so i don't think it will be any different for an axolotl. kinda ironic how they can survive all this other stuff but not being eaten. I wouldn't suggest trying it because I don't think it has been tested on an axolotl before

axotol lover

Reaction score
saying snails can eat them i assume so but im worried of impaction but you know it could be cool having them around

PepsiAxolotl

Reaction score
I'm very late but from what I've heard axolotls are best suited for single species tanks, to prevent the axolotls from swallowing their tank mates whole and probably getting impaction from it or the other species damaging the lotl's gills. I haven't heard of anyone pair tardigrades with them (Tbh I didn't really know people kept them as pets due to how small they are) Since there's not enough information about wether its safe to house the two together, I'd steer clear and house them seperately.

D

Deleted member 38204

no because the axolotls will devour each and every tardigrades with no remorse

D

Deleted member 38204

and the axolotl will be like GGGRRR GRRRR RAAAAAAAH

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1