Canadian newt breeders

Ben Krysa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and I am wondering if there is currently anyone breeding Newts or Salamanders in my area. Or even in Canada, that could ship to Edmonton. I see so many wonderful animals bred in the U.S.A. and other countries around the world, but why not here? Just curious.:rolleyes:

I think that the number of newts being bred is proportional to the human population. There are some newts bred in Canada, but your population of prospective breeders is smaller than the US or Europe.

I was able to locate someone in my city with a breeding colony of C.e.popei.
He is going to sell me 3 when the morphs are ready. :D

Still looking for any other canadian breeders though.

How much for the C.e.popei that the breeder was selling you? I'm from Saskatchewan and will be looking to purchase in the future once I have the tank setup and ready that I plan on making.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back