Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cannot access forum ...

P

paris

i dont know what is going on or if its only me but i cannot access the forum in the past few hours-but then i can then it goes out....is this for everyone or just my region?

P

paris

john,
i am at a school computer other than the 4 i have already set up 'log ins' from (they automatically let me in now) i am trying to access the two 'help' topics and i cannot do so as a guest-it requests i log in. ("This discussion can be viewed by certain individuals with user and/or moderator accounts. Please supply your username and password below to access this discussion")
the forum page states that you dont need an account to POST on most discussions, but this wont even allow acces to read. did you know this? since caudata.org is promoted as a source of info this seems sort of counter productive. i am writing this just incase you werent aware

paris

J

john

Sorry for late reply - last month has been a pain. Something is wrong at your end, not at this end. There have been no major configuration changes since early May.

K

k

Actually, I had the same problem when I tried to access the help topics as a guest. Not saying it isn't a problem on my end, but if it's happening to enough people, and Paris and I aren't just the odd ones out, well, it's impractical, at least.

Could it be that Paris is just the first one to mention it?

J

john

Ah sorry, now I understand. Yes, that's sort of on purpose but I might change it a bit so that guests can at least read the posts. Thanks for telling me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!