Canon powershot a70 (macro)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Michael Shrom
I'm working with all I can justify in cameras. I have a Canon PowerShot A70. I am thinking of getting the 250D 52mm macro lens for it. So far my photos have been adequate but nothing to exciting. Do any of you use a camera like this? What are your thoughts?

I have the Canon Powershot A400. I've found that the zoom function is pretty much worthless if trying to capture macro shots; the pictures get way too blurry. I've been trying to get a macro lens for mine, but they don't make them for the A400. I paid for a custom made one sold on Ebay, but the seller burned me and I never received it.

I took a few photos last night that has me reconsidering whether I actually need a macro lens. Here is one of them. I was about 3 inches or so from the subject with the camera in macro mode.

48374.jpg

(Message edited by tmarmoratus on November 19, 2005)

Hi Jeff,
Looks good. Maybe I just need to work on my technique a little. My best pictures are still the ones I took with my "antique" mamiya/sekor slr. I have all kinds of lenses for it but it is even more of a puzzle to work than my digital camera.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back