Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

cant wait for the ice to melt!!

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I'm literally go crazy! I cant wait to go herping again! necturus are in the shallows now, turtles and frogs are right around the shores of lakes and rivers. If the ice melts alittle early I usaully find lots of necturus. Sometimes I find snapping turtles still unactive but in clear view in the shallows. If the ice melts early sometimes I find frogs still unactive in the shallows, mostly leapord frogs.

Is there anyone here from the metro detroit area that would want to go herping sometime this year?

RedEft92

Reaction score
I can't wait either. Actually, the it's been unusually warm here in New York and it's winter. But I still think it's still to early to start herping. I'm guessing it's gonna be snowing again soon. These warm winter days don't last long. But I'm not in too big a hurry. The snakes won't come out until march and april but Notophalmus viridiscens will start mating soon. I can look forward to that, but eft activity doesn't start until May. :(

indoboard7

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind. I live in the Livingston county area. Where around the D are you at?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!