Caudata pricing?

sde

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Seth
Hey all,

So I am wondering about Caudata pricing for a few species. I really have no idea how people set prices on their Caudatas but I guess its probably mostly by rarity and how difficult they are to breed.

Anyway, here are the species that I am wondering how much a CB juvenile would be in the US.

S. salamandra species/subspecies.
C. cyanurus.
C. pyrrhogaster.
T. verrucosus.
T. shanjing.
P. waltl.

Thanks! -Seth

I've been selling C. pyrrhogaster morphs for £2.50 each but I'm not going to get rich, or even make any profit, they are just a by product of my hobby and any money that I get for them just goes toward feeding the juveniles that I've decided to raise for myself. If we genuinely care about the welfare of the animals we keep, we need to make CB newts as cheap as possible so that hopefully, the demand for WC petstore/herp dealer animals dwindles. It was great to see Mark's N. kaiseri babies for sale at such a reasonable price, I bet those juveniles alone pretty much killed the WC market for them in the UK!

Yes I agree very much! I am not in this for the money, I am because I love these animals, and am fascinated by them. When I breed them and sell them I just want to make enough money to be able to breed them again.

I agree they should be as cheap as possible. I love seeing newts being sold for very reasonable prices. -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back