Caudate passage in my band interview

aramcheck

Reaction score
Country
France
So my band is being interviewed by a Scottish zine, and they asked us what interesting things we were doing outside the band, here is my answer:

J – Hehe, this is where I will get some flack: As obscure and bizarre as it might be, I am an amphibian enthusiast. While it is now very common for people to keep reptiles for pet, and some people keep Axolotls and Dart Frogs when it comes to Amphibians I am fascinated by newts and salamanders. Those animals are unique, and maybe because they mainly come from temperate climates, and have got difficult needs in captivity, few people keep them, but I love ‘em. In my basement, you will find a series of tanks housing 2 Banded Fire Salamander Salamandra salamandra terrestris, 5 Marbled Newt Triturus marmoratus, 11 Himalayan Crocodile Newts Tylototriton verrucosis and 1 European Green Toad Bufo viridis. I could go on and on about them, but a punk rock zine is maybe not the best place for this. On the subject, I’d like to add that all my animals are captive bred in the UK, so my love for them does not contribute to deplete the wild populations. If by any chance any of the people reading this are thinking about keeping exotic pets, please make sure you purchase captive breed animals, not parasite loaded, stressed wild caught animals which will likely die shortly and the commerce of which is lining the pockets of unscrupulous people.

Very nice Aramcheck, it´s a pleasure to read such good advice too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back