Changing food

H

hailz

my babies are really starting to chow down on the food and its is really starting to eat my savings aswell,lol. i have some pellets and i want to know if its ok for them to start eating these? they have just started growing their back legs so they would be big enough wouldnt they? and how is the best way to go about it? can they smell food at this age so i can just drop a few pellets in for them to nibble on? any advice would be great. thanks Guys!
happy.gif

If they can swallow them, Hailz. If they've got their back legs, they should be able to find non-living food okay. It's worth a try. Make sure to clean them up if they're not eaten tho.

Hey. i have just tried some of my little ones onto frozen bloodworm. only some of them have little buds for back legs, but seem fine in eating the littlest of the worms, they have trouble finding it because it doesnt move but once the swim ontop of it they gulp it up. the only trouble is getting rid of the left overs.
they have just started to nibble each others arms too!!! i know its normal, but will it affect them as they grow up if its happened a few times? i think ill need to separate them into a 4th container.... anyhow i got to go. good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back