Chinese Fire Belly Newts.

Shadow

Reaction score
Country
England
Right here are some pics of my 35L tank.
DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

How would you think a CFBN handle in there? I know it would need land part so yeah.

P.S Notice how bad the tank looks without the light on.:happy:

Is that an incandescent light? I would also get rid of the heater. Netws and heat does not mix. You wouldn't necessarily need a land area.

You may not technically need to have at least a small land area for it, but everything I've read said they will be much happier if you have one. I just set up a new tank for fire bellys and while they spend most of their time lounging on plants in water, they always spend a little time on the land also.

Even if it is a little rock coming out of the water. You could try putting a stick in there which leans into a corner as long as it is firm enough to not fall over. A small pot might work. A floating lillypad will work also.

Fire bellys like it cold, as said above, a heater is bad. Regular temperatures of 74 degrees or higher will kill them, stick closer to 70, or 66 or 67 if you can.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back