Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chinese Giant Salamander Video

Henry Janssen

Reaction score
I would love to see the pictures they made of the recently discribed Paramesotriton wulingensis in Fanjingshan. So far only a few pictures of these are available.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I hate you so much it burns in my chest...you have the job i always dreamed of but i´ll never have.
Deep resentment and jealousy aside, that was a lovely video if rather depressing, hehe. Thank you for sharing, thank you for your efforts and..

*spoiler*

...so sorry you didn´t get to see any in the wild.

RPM

Reaction score
Thank you Jay for sharing the video. I’ve seen a few large captive specimens in parks in western Hunan Province. On my next visit to Hunan, I hope to visit a breeding farm owned by someone my wife met during her last visit.

Asianherps

Reaction score
Thanks for the post! Great video!
It's such a shame, such a shame for me as a Chinese herpetology student to see this video, specially the part where it shows tons of the salamanders in the farm but not even one in the field... The government never get serious in protecting the species: the top governors only knew see the number that are alive, but never care whether it's wild or captive population, which is a very serious problem in Chinese wildlife conservation. Same tragedy happened for Chinese alligator and Red-river giant soft-shell turtle.
Sincerely hope this kinda international coorperation could wave the CCP up and help save the giant!
Kai

smiley1996

Reaction score
That was amazing! typing the Chinese giant salamander into google it looks big .... then seeing that video it looks twice the size! they are really cool! ... Hope they don't go to the full extent of extinction ... However I don't understand how some of the Chinese population can care about them but eat them too? :S in my opinion I think il stick to chicken.

Thankyou for sharing ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!