Clay Pots as Hides

CapnClive

New member
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ohio
Country
United States
Hello all!
I currently have 3 clay pots in my axie tank that's currently cycling (no axies are in the tank). I have them in there and I like them as hides but I thought it would be nice if I could somehow break out either the side of them or the bottom of them to give the axies multiple places of access to the shade. Has anyone done this? If so is there an easy method to do this without destroy the whole pot? And if I do this is there anything I should do after to prevent the edges of the breaks from being to sharp to cut the axies?

Thanks!
 
My hubby used an angle grinder (diamond blade) to cut terracotta pots in half and cut the bottom off. I then used an old rasp to smooth the edges. I have 4 sizes - and change up as my babies grow!
I also use pieces of drainpipe - works really well.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top