Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

College Student Hang-Out Thread

Tw1st3dR0s3

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for college students who keep newts and salamanders. Is anyone planning to study amphibians for their career?

anjelloca

Reaction score
I am sort of, I'm kind of already working with them in an exotic animal practice but it's SO rare that I see anything other than a cat, dog, or bird that I'm doing volunteer hours at my local aquarium

I did want to go back to school for animal behavior but I don't know of any careers out there other than labs or zoo jobs (which are extremely competitive) that work with amphibians and reptiles.

Let me in if you know of any!!

LSuzuki

Reaction score
I'm the mother of a former college student. Is that close enough? ;) jk

This is a good idea. :)

Tw1st3dR0s3

Reaction score
I am sort of, I'm kind of already working with them in an exotic animal practice but it's SO rare that I see anything other than a cat, dog, or bird that I'm doing volunteer hours at my local aquarium

I did want to go back to school for animal behavior but I don't know of any careers out there other than labs or zoo jobs (which are extremely competitive) that work with amphibians and reptiles.

Let me in if you know of any!!
There are some research careers which involve field work. You could probably always volunteer at a zoo or join some sort of group that regularly goes herping. You won't get paid, but you'll be doing something you enjoy.

I'm studying to become a veterinary toxicologist, but I wouldn't mind working with amphibian medicine on the side. :D

Autumncrossing

Reaction score
Heck yes! The study of ecology of these guys is going to be super interesting with chytrid spreading someone's gotta save them all ;-). It's up to our generation to get some major conservations going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyelon

Reaction score
I'm going at school now for Marine Biology and Aquaculture and I know that's not studying amphibians but there is a lot of information that carries over and is useful. Keeping aquatic salamanders definitely falls into the realm of aquaculture especially for conservation efforts. I think this thread is a good idea.

DeCypher

Reaction score
I'm getting a few prereqs out of the way right now, but I plan on getting my master's in biology and chemistry. I would ideally like a career in herpetology or ecology, but will probably go into psychopharmacology and work in the pharmaceutical industry since that's where the money is at. Cool thread idea!

Tw1st3dR0s3

Reaction score
Most of them probably teach at colleges and on the side they do their research that the college will then fund.
That's how it works at my school for the most part.

I'm getting a few prereqs out of the way right now, but I plan on getting my master's in biology and chemistry. I would ideally like a career in herpetology or ecology, but will probably go into psychopharmacology and work in the pharmaceutical industry since that's where the money is at. Cool thread idea!
Thanks! And yeah, there's not much money in herpetology. That's one of the reasons I want to pursue my amphibian interests on the side.

anjelloca

Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy working alongside exotic veterinarians for now, but there's not much money in veterinary technology either. Planning on going back for my bachelors in animal behavior and see what happens from there.

allied123

Reaction score
I know this is kind of an old thread, but my major is statistics with a biology minor which is allowing me to take whatever upper level biology classes I want and luckily I got into the only herpetology class offered at my school in the fall (out of like 25 spots), it's gonna be super intense (according to what I've heard...) but should be interesting! has anyone else taken many classes in herpetology? any tips besides study study study?

ChristineB

Reaction score
It's been 15 years (ugh, feel old) but I took herpetology and ecology in college. One time I was talking about schedules with a guy in my photography club who happened to be really skeezy and have poor hygiene. I mentioned I was taking herpetology and he disdainfully replied, "Oh, *I've* never had to take that." He thought it was a class for dealing with a herpes diagnosis! Like I would list that in my schedule. :-D Anyway, I've been laughing at that for fifteen years. (It was made all the funnier by the fact he radiated this sleazy predator vibe, yet here he was trying to shame me for imaginary herpes.)

allied123

Reaction score
omg I'm dying laughing! I haven't really mentioned the class to anyone but I'm sure I'd get similar responses lol I'd never thought about it any other way than the study of amphibians but I can see how normal people would guess strange things :) and I did take ecology last semester and thought it was really interesting!

Bodcat

Reaction score
Hi! I'm interested in amphibians, and I'm going to find some information about their eating habits for my paper. I never liked writing, as I always make a lot of mistakes, and can't express my thoughts right. I think about applying to pro-papers writing service, as I heard a lot about it from my friends. But I found their review, and doubt if it is a reliable service.

Last edited:

elizabethcaroll

Reaction score
2556 Morgan Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301
As part of their undergraduate research, college students keep newts and salamanders in the hopes of studying them. These creatures need a muddy area to swim in and a dry area for them to live on. Many people use large bowls of water or set up semi-aquatic enclosures that are 75 percent land and 25 percent water. They eat frog eggs and tadpoles, as well as earthworms and snails. Occasionally, they'll also eat small fish, crickets, and dried flies. While this is an excellent option, they do have toxins in their bodies and should be kept away from pets.

I read this on the write the paper website!
I personally have never kept salamanders, I find it very difficult to do so in a hostel.
Students who do it, what do you think?

Last edited:

axie owner

Reaction score
That's how it works at my school for the most part.

Thanks! And yeah, there's not much money in herpetology. That's one of the reasons I want to pursue my amphibian interests on the side.
how are your studies?? i am guessing you have finished them. how did you go?

Reaction score
I'm a herpetologist, I have a BSc in Wildlife and Fisheries Science, an MSc in Wildlife Science, and a PhD in Environmental Science. What actually qualifies me as a herpetologist is not really my degrees but the experience and scientific research I've done that has focused on Reptiles and Amphibians.
______
cheap essay writing services

Last edited:

LuraJ

Reaction score
Advantages Of Assignment Writing Help Online
There are many main reasons why individuals might need college assignments help online. One of these brilliant is the fact students drop time on recreational routines for example socializing and watching TV. Other reasons can be that students work part-time tasks and find it hard to handle the scholastic assignments. Later syndication of projects could lead to inadequate content material, causing lower represents plus a lowering of the overall credit score. To avoid this kind of circumstances, college students can go for on the internet project help.
The authors doing work for this sort of professional services are freelancers and can easily work off their houses. Nonetheless, neighborhood writers might be a lot more dependable as opposed to those from in another country. Additionally, the freelance writers who work with such providers are probably native British loudspeakers and operate in once area when you. In case you are concerned with plagiarism, then you must stay away from these businesses. However, should you be not very concerned with your grades, it is actually easy to get assignment aid on the internet from different options.
Another advantage of hiring a skilled assignment composing service is the standard of their reports. Most skilled assignment composing providers will select authors with PhD qualifications and have extensive expertise in different job areas. These freelance writers may also be knowledgeable of the several types of projects pupils are asked to compose. Consequently, you happen to be assured of top quality documents. The sites of such services are consumer-helpful and also have numerous beneficial characteristics. If you want to acquire an essay, you should check out mycustomessay.com and other similar sites on the web.
Aside from becoming a practical alternative to trainers, assignment writing help on the web is totally legal. It can be a wonderful way to make certain far better grades by letting yourself to pay attention to other topics or more-curricular pursuits. All of this can be obtained without the hazards and without the invisible expenses. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't take advantage of this services. If you would like avoid plagiarism, you could utilize the on the web assignment writing help providers. They already have excellent ensures and so are well worth the price.
Task writers are professionals inside the issue they're taking care of. So make no mistake that this project you receive will probably be performed correcly and definately will earn you an increased quality. In addition to being professionals in the topic, task authors are also familiar with the prerequisites from the program. They will carefully examine the instructions and look for the relevant details. They will likely produce your assignment punctually and stick to each of the recommendations that you've provided, ensuring the best work.
Being a pupil, it might be overwhelming to write tasks, especially if you don't have enough time for study and producing. Task writing solutions will be helpful, while they supply guidelines for suitable sentence structure, spelling, and formatting. In addition, they could boost your creating skills following composing guidelines provided by professors. If you retain the services of an task creating service, they allocate a blogger to the assignment and ensure which they supply it promptly. And since they're online, you may also entry them from your location.
Regardless of all the benefits of using the services of an project composing service, it's important to guarantee the pricing is inexpensive. Bear in mind, students don't have additional money to additional, so picking an task composing service that fits your finances is a sensible selection. Should you be worried about the charge, you can interact your anticipations for their customer satisfaction group to enable them to customize their provides consequently. They can provide you a reasonable price that suits you.
You need to look into the return policy of the project producing services. You will discover this insurance policy on the company's site, or also request their customer care crew for additional information regarding it. It's finest to look into the reimbursement plan of your task producing support before getting them. And bear in mind, a reimburse coverage is obviously valuable! And be sure you apply it when you're confronted by any complications with your projects. And more importantly, make sure you are satisfied with the quality of their function.
Quality is crucial in every project writing services. It's important to make sure the papers is written by very competent freelance writers with lots of practical experience. If you're uncertain relating to your subject matter, it's advisable to consider something that guarantees you high quality and plagiarism-totally free papers. You'll never find every other business with your a top quality of employment! Ensure that your task writing services are readily available for consultation services, meaning you may inquire and explain any doubts you may have relating to your project.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!