Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Completely white kaiser?

velasco13000

Reaction score
I was just curious... How common are white kaisers? I bred some kaisers but they came out normal color.. One is darker thAn usual but how common are completely white kaisers with no spots or anything? And if you guys have any show us pics :)

Yansolo

Reaction score
This pic is for Velasco13000.

Attachments

• White kaiser.jpg
    White kaiser.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 554

velasco13000

Reaction score
is it going to remain completely white or will it change and get spots?? does anybody have any adults that are completely white?

markusA

Reaction score
I had once such a white larvae, with dark eyes. it developed a few colour spots very late but died for unknown reason before metamorphosis.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Here's another one. This is my friends kaiser. Hopefully more of these start showing up. Though someone said to me "that's kind a sad, because it won't be as pretty as the regular ones". This one seems to be retaining gills and most others from its group are dropping gills fast or have morphed.

I've never seen any adults that were albino or leucistic. I think it's safe to say your kaiser will retain it's current color or most of it. The picture I posted is a few months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 430

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It's sad for more reasons other than the loss of such spectacularly extravagant coloration.

Tim Robin

Reaction score
I have quite a few that are white, as larvae. As they morph they get their adult coloration. Doubt any that I have will stay white. I personally have never seen a white adult.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!