Completely white kaiser?

velasco13000

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ezequiel Velasco
I was just curious... How common are white kaisers? I bred some kaisers but they came out normal color.. One is darker thAn usual but how common are completely white kaisers with no spots or anything? And if you guys have any show us pics :)

From my research it happens one out of 50 from a gene thing. Albino gene

From my research it happens one out of 50 from a gene thing. Albino gene

This pic is for Velasco13000.

Attachments

• White kaiser.jpg
    White kaiser.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 556
is it going to remain completely white or will it change and get spots?? does anybody have any adults that are completely white?

I had once such a white larvae, with dark eyes. it developed a few colour spots very late but died for unknown reason before metamorphosis.

Here's another one. This is my friends kaiser. Hopefully more of these start showing up. Though someone said to me "that's kind a sad, because it won't be as pretty as the regular ones". This one seems to be retaining gills and most others from its group are dropping gills fast or have morphed.

I've never seen any adults that were albino or leucistic. I think it's safe to say your kaiser will retain it's current color or most of it. The picture I posted is a few months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 432
It's sad for more reasons other than the loss of such spectacularly extravagant coloration.

does anybody here keep here any unsually colored kaisers?

I have quite a few that are white, as larvae. As they morph they get their adult coloration. Doubt any that I have will stay white. I personally have never seen a white adult.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back