Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Condensation in tank

scrunge

Reaction score
Hi

I recently set up a new tank for my newts as the one I had for them wasn't suitable enough. My new one is 2ft long and 1ft high. After setting it up a couple of days ago, i noticed on some parts of the inside of the tank there is condensation. Its not much, but its noticeable. Is this a problem? What can be causing it?

By the way, i don't have it warm in my place, so the temperature difference isnt that much. And the lid of the tank was hand made because the tank didnt come with a lid. It's a sheet of hard plastic with lots of tiny holes punched into it (about 1-2 mm size holes so the newts cant escape). I didnt have this problem with my last tank, but my last tank was plastic, this is glass.

Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1