Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Copper x Lucy Egg Outcome

kylakat13

Reaction score
So I have a Leucistic and a Copper that just had eggs together. The parents of both are unknown, but I did breed my Lucy with a Wild type about a year ago and got about 80% wild type to 20% Lucy. I also don't know the parents of the wild type.

Based on the little info, what do you guys think the new babies will be? This is the first copper that I've ever had and I know that breeding coppers is still kind of an unknown territory for all of us. I'm suspecting that I won't get any coppers in this batch, mainly because my Lucy never produced any albinos, which is what coppers technically are, right? Or was that because her and the wild type both have dominant wild type genes?

Either way, I don't know, I'm not great at biology. Any help would be appreciated, so thanks in advance!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1