Photo: Crawl the Warrior King

yay can't wait to see new pics!

That little fella looks fantastic! :happy:

When I first saw the photo of Crawl I was certain that you have a larval tiger salamander on your hands, however the fact that his gills are getting longer does not seem in-line with my initial hypothesis. As Eric mentioned earlier, I think some more up-to-date photos might help.

Whatever he ends up being, he is mighty cute! I love it how he was sold to you as an axolotl "with a tiger print." I am not an axolotl expert, but that dude sounds full of it. : )

new pics of Crawl!

Attachments

• shawnbday 006.jpg
    shawnbday 006.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 323
  • shawnbday 009.jpg
    shawnbday 009.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 340
  • shawnbday 011.jpg
    shawnbday 011.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 462
Yup, he's getting that flat tiger head. You should look at the post on the illness page to see that marbles can accidently be ingested...may make you think twice about those stones.

ok thanks, but those are glass stones... they are pretty big. I got those when I found out about not having gravel, which he was sold to me in. And actually he ate 3 gravel pieces, cause when I put him in this tank, I found them on the bottom. The only way i think they got there was he passed them.

Oh, he's looking wonderful! He's going to be beautiful when he morphs!

Shizeric is right about those glass stones though, they look smaller than his head which means he could attempt to swallow them. I'm glad he passed the gravel, but glass stones could require a vet's assistance.

Continue taking good care of Crawl, I think he will truly be a sight to behold! ;)

ok, thanks. I guess I take another look. Guess I didnt really realize it now cause when I got them in the begining he was so tiny...but now looking at this pic (when I first got him) and the ones recently I do see a change in size. Thanks everyone, I will keep putting pics up for you to look at.

Attachments

• crawl.jpg
    crawl.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 394
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back