Photo: Creature New 4ft tank YAYY ! !

MrsGimmik

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Everyone ! :)

I would like to share Creature new tank and set up.
I've had the tank for about 2 months but haven't gotten the time to make a video. Sorry about the video quality. This was taken from my phone so not the very best but will take some pictures !
Sorry for the noise in the background, my partner was practicing with the guitar. I haven't had the light on in Creature tank when I 1st got her tank. Looked so beautiful ! She was hiding in her house I made for her, thanks to one of the threads on here to give me an idea ! Plan on making a few more hides when my other 3 Axies reach to a good size to join Creature.

Creature my Axolotl new 55 gallon tank ! - YouTube

awww bet she looks tiny in there xD.

I like the brightly coloured plants, they look good.

I might steal some ideas for my 4 fter that I'm collecting tomorrow, my other tanks all look similar so I might go for something more colourful in this one!

Oh yeah she does look tiny in that big tank. I know this probably sound crazy but I was thinking to upgrade to a 90 gallon tank. The one Creature is in is a 55 gallon. I want more of a wide room when my other 3 axolotls are ready to join. The stand I have for the tank can hold a 90 gal so i think that size will be perfect for them ! Hehe, my birthday is this month and hopfully I can get a new tank ! :)

Oh yeah she does look tiny in that big tank. I know this probably sound crazy but I was thinking to upgrade to a 90 gallon tank. The one Creature is in is a 55 gallon. I want more of a wide room when my other 3 axolotls are ready to join. The stand I have for the tank can hold a 90 gal so i think that size will be perfect for them ! Hehe, my birthday is this month and hopfully I can get a new tank ! :)

That doesn't sound crazy at all! I worry about big tanks going through the floor (I live in a flat) or I'd be buying the biggest one that would fit! Who needs furniture anyway?!

Haha I live in a second floor flat, never worried about that ... And I have 3 tanks in my bedroom! Hopefully I won't come back to that one day!

Haha I live in a second floor flat, never worried about that ... And I have 3 tanks in my bedroom! Hopefully I won't come back to that one day!

I have 6 so far :/ so with the new one tomorrow I may as well live in an aquarium! our floors here aren't great, but I suppose it's downstairs that should be worrying the most.

Haha true indeed about furniture ! I don't have much furniture in my room, just a TV and a bed. I assume by flat you mean Apartment ? I'd be scared to even have a fish tank in an apartment ! Alot goes through my mind and makes me so negative ! lol.

Here are some Pictures of Creature. Again, pictures were taken off of my phone
IMG00219-20110912-2248.jpg
Photo3427.jpg

Photo3439.jpg

love the home made hide, i did a step by step on here on how i made mine, i wish i was better at making them there is a user called cml who has made some amazing ones

Yeah I've seen his thread on instructions on how to make a homemade Hide. I was inspired by that. It took me FOREVER to make Creature's hide. I use her sand and it is too fine and had to past over and over..I started to stick rocks on there so i can add less sand. Her theme tank is Greek stye. Lol I played too much of God Of War :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back