Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cute Fuzzy Hellbender

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WWF just sent me their annual Holiday catalog. For donations of $25 -$50 and up, you can sponsor certain animals and get a stuffed replica of the species in question, including hellbenders, marine iguanas, anacondas, and other reptiles and amphibians, as well as a host of different and unusual mammals (including otters!). I find the idea of a cute, fuzzy hellbender very amusing.

Daniel

Site Contributor
Reaction score
For me it's hard to imagine what a fuzzy hellbender might look like :confused: :D

Nice idea, though!

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess people do listen when I go on and on...This just came for me in the mail today as a belated birthday present from a friend of mine. A cute fuzzy snot otter of my very own!

Attachments

• CuteFuzzyHellbendersm.JPG
    CuteFuzzyHellbendersm.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,696

Daniel

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Well now that's a nice present for a good cause! What will be the setup of the tank you choose? :D

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Dawn, could you post a more detailed pic of your snot otter? I was thinking about adopting one of my own.

lims

Reaction score
well the colouration is somewhat off, the pattern too regular and poker-dotesk.
Also one should note the lack of skin flaps.
A mouth would also be nesessary in the wild for feeding purposes.
I urge charity's/manufcturers to create a more accurate yet still cuddly bender from hell.
Also this particular hellbender appears to be of mammalian genus, interesting..
What are people's opinions on the possible existence of a mammalian amphibian?

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here you go, Kaysie!

Sam is right, there aren't the skin folds, and the coloration of the stuffed one is
more marketable...and it's 16 inches from end to end (not stretching out the curled tail).

I think I'd like to see a stuffed Tylo. shanjing!

Attachments

• pSnotOtter1.JPG
    pSnotOtter1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,272
  • pSnotOtter2.jpg
    pSnotOtter2.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,445

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it has a FEW skin folds... maybe it just ate a big meal (like a watermelon?) lol.

Didn't someone sew an axolotl some time back?

mantighoul

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
someone should start a line of Salamanders cuddelies! i sure would love to hold an axolotl or a live sized Japanese Giant salamander plush as i drifted into dream land....closest thing thus far ihave to a cuddly salamander plush is a pokemon wooper doll... hey, i found a billion cute axolotl dolls on Japanese websites, but none ship here and some are just really awsome homemade ones.Seriously there has to be someone on this board who can make things like this....

We been planning to "adopt" one of these for a while now, nice to see others are actually doing it.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also have this stuffed red eft, but it wasn't a fund raiser, just a purchase.
It has velcro feet for grabbing, as in the second photo.
I think I might have some beanie baby herps, but maybe they're just lizards, and a snake.

Attachments

• Eft1sm.JPG
    Eft1sm.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 663
  • Eft2sm.JPG
    Eft2sm.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 601
  • Eft3sm.JPG
    Eft3sm.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 692
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1