Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cyanurus First Day in Tank

jerremie

Reaction score
So, I got to put my 10 Cyanurus juvies into their new tank last night. They weren't at all shy about exploring it top to bottom :) They are incredibly entertaining. I never watched much t.v. anyway, but I think my television can be replaced entirely now ;) I would have gotten better photos but the camera battery crapped out! I'll try again once it is charged up!

Attachments

• aspirations.JPG
    aspirations.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 310
  • lazynewt2.JPG
    lazynewt2.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 218
  • closeup.JPG
    closeup.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 219
  • climber.JPG
    climber.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 204
  • hi.JPG
    hi.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 213
  • peasinpod.JPG
    peasinpod.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 261

Lusiwarrior

Reaction score
Hello jerremie,
I read your other topic, and I think the temperature you have is no problem! My so subjected to temperatures a little lower and are well, we do take into account that they are adults! The depth of water, and think a little exaggerated given that no more than juveniles, but if you put lots of plants and other escapes not see any problem! Excellent your animals! I love this species! Good luck! ;)

jerremie

Reaction score
Thanks Joost and Lusi :) By the way Lusi, I see you are from Portugal. I love the sound of the Portuguese language but I don't know how to speak it. Hablo el espanol, parlo un po l'italiano, but NO PORTUGUESE :( Sorry, it is such a beautiful language (especially in song - I study opera and classical singing in my extra time.) So for now, I am happy that YOU speak english :)

Lusiwarrior

Reaction score
Eu também adoro a lingua portuguesa, mas como escritor em potencial sou suspeito!:D
Step to translate: I also love the Portuguese language, but as a potential writer I suspect! ;)
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but for anyone interested in learning today at dawn Portugal was shaken by an earthquake, a rarity here, but it was nothing more! :rolleyes:
Wait for news of these wonderful creatures,jerremie! ;)
cheers

xMIDNIGHTx

Reaction score
Cute little guys. Looks like they are lovin their new home! I remember when mine were that little, now they are little tanks eating everything in sight.

It looks like the background is rock, is it real because it looks great.

Thanks for sharing!

Mitch

Joost

Reaction score
I've got 'fake' rock-backgrounds also. They look natural and are easy to clean

Attachments

• IMGP1872.JPG
    IMGP1872.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMGP1873.JPG
    IMGP1873.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMGP1773.JPG
    IMGP1773.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 271

jerremie

Reaction score
Thanks verytone for the kind comments. Mitch, it is an artificial rock wall, I was tempted to make one of my own, but since the 55 gallon tank is only 12 inches from front to back I didn't want to give up too much of that space to my background. This is the Mesa Rockwall slimline from AquaTerra. IT cost about 75 dollars for the 55 gallon background size. It looks real from across the room, but standing at the tank I can certainly tell it isn't real, but it is made of foam and is a whole lot lighter than a 48 inch by 18 inch slab of stone. I used slate tiles on the bottom, (4 dollars) for easy clean-up.

Joost, I love your tanks, they look great. I'm glad to hear that the faux stone is easy to clean, I like to keep things as low maintenance as possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1