Cynops Cam!

Very good John, will we be seeing more species of newt cam shortly? How about setting one up on your Tylototriton so we can watch the young developing to follow on from the embryo photo series thread?

Well, this is a personal "project", not an official Caudata.org thing. Did anyone see the newts get fed about 90 mins ago? There was lots of action - there are 12 newts in there after all...

Should be same time tomorrow (7:30 pm UK time, 2:30 pm Eastern US time).

What a nifty idea!
biggrin.gif

I agree Nifty is just the word I would use to describe it.

The newt cam idea is not new, but John has taken it to a nift(ier) level.

I'll definitely try to catch the next feeding time.

Heh, I just looked in the tank and yes, there's a skin near the front (you can see it on camera as a blur on the bottom left).

is the 'shedding skin' a political statement?

happy.gif

checked in twice today already, but never got the chance to see a single newts

I'm seeing the skin though... and the message you added
biggrin.gif

wohoooooooo!
One came in front of the cam, just after writing the previous post
happy.gif

btw: I'm seeing a newt in the tank behind this one too - lucky me
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back