Dead Axolotls! WHY!

i do not feed a lot, infact i am apparently underfeeding, i can see her bones in her tail!!! her body is skinnier then her head!
the planaria is gone as i added a goldfish in the tank, now the fish is back in its holding tank.
Her condition seems to be improving with the water changes.
thanx
how do i got about feeding an axolotl that has eaten only hand fed beef heart for 7 years, to eating pellets on the floor?

Over loading the tank via feeding can be as much a problem with particulates from the food items as it can be from the total volume from the food fed. This is most commonly seen with frozen bloodworms that are just dropped into the tank.

You can offer the pellets held gently in tweezers to ensure that she is getting them.

Ed

i tried but she spat them back out so i syphoned them out :<
I bought more beef heart, i know this isn't healthy for her, but i will continue to try.
she looks well again, i don't think she is sick anymroe, her tail isnt curled anymore. ive been doing 10% changes daily, i missed yesterday, but she looks fine. I will keep up the changes until i am 100% sure she is well!
She ate 4 squares, she was quite hungry! i feed her first, then i do a water change.

Hi Teesha,
Whenever I give Petal some of those frozen beefheart cubes she loves them but the next day she is really crook: floating and off colour.
I have them in freezer as we are in drought and worms are hard to find,she agrees with fresh sliced beef heart strips, but i will never use the frozen ones again just in case.
I dont know what they put in them, they say "not for human consumption" I would prefer her to eat something safe for human consumption myself!
I wonder if maybe they dont agree with your axie too? just a thought.

shes been eating it her whole life, only beef heart.
ive managed to get her to swalow (then spit out 9/10 times) earth worms...no luck with pellets, she thinks they are pebbles.
Shes very fussy and will only eat the food if i wiggle it a certain way, which is hard coz i only use one chop stick and hold it against the glass o the tank. But she's good for now
i just got these 2 products, one is a nitrite remover SB-05 and hte other is a water stabilizer SB10 from hong kong. i think the brand is "huey hung" also is cc cubic centimeter??? which is mL ????????

are these safe for axolotl? where is the list of stuff that says what it toxic to axolotls?
Or the contents that arent safE?

it doenst really say the contents though....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back