Dead on Arrival!

Wow that fibre glass insulation would have kept those axies WAY too warm, I reckon they died from the heat being wrapped in that stuff.
I doubt it made much difference, but still a very odd packing material.

I doubt it made much difference, but still a very odd packing material.
Well I put that stuff in the attic of my house for my dad. It gets really really warm inside the attic when it is installed even with no heating on and it's also very irritating! Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but I bet when the package arrived the water in those bottles was way to warm for an axie.

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets warm in your attic because the light hitting the roof warms the air inside the attic. The insulation stops the heat from radiating through the floor of the attic and heating the rest of the house. It, in and of itself, does not have any role in heating. In the winter the insulation has the reverse effect - it stops the heat below the attic from radiating into the attic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back