Dechlorinating and sexing

EmmaRose96

Reaction score
Country
England
Hello, first time Tiger Salamander keeper here. I've reserved my salamander and will be picking him up at the weekend. His set up is ready and good to go. I just have a couple questions first:
1) With dechlorinating the water used to fill bowl/spray enclosure. Does it have to be a reptile dechlorinater such as reptisafe or does a fish tank one do the same thing? I also have fish and have loads of tap safe lying around so if I can use that it would be easier.
2) If I posted a pic of his underside would people be able to help me sex him? I've had a look at comparison pics but honestly I really can't tell 😅
Thank you in advance!

Hello, first time Tiger Salamander keeper here. I've reserved my salamander and will be picking him up at the weekend. His set up is ready and good to go. I just have a couple questions first:
1) With dechlorinating the water used to fill bowl/spray enclosure. Does it have to be a reptile dechlorinater such as reptisafe or does a fish tank one do the same thing? I also have fish and have loads of tap safe lying around so if I can use that it would be easier.
2) If I posted a pic of his underside would people be able to help me sex him? I've had a look at comparison pics but honestly I really can't tell 😅
Thank you in advance!
If it's just dechlorinator and doesn't have aloe or other slime coat stuff you can definitely use it. I use seachem prime.

If it's just dechlorinator and doesn't have aloe or other slime coat stuff you can definitely use it. I use seachem prime.
Thank you. I have bought some reptisafe as everything else seemed to have Aloe! Thanks for your advice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +2
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +2
    Back