Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Deleting my photobucket account

S

s1ren

"...you [the user] grant to Photobucket.com a perpetual, universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, license to use, copy, distribute, modify, print, display and otherwise exploit in any manner any User Content [photos and videos posted and stored there] and to enable third parties to use the Services to do the same."

Uh...I don't think so.

I'm deleting my account.

Read the fine print, people.

J

jennifer

Yowsa! Thank you for reading the fine print! I'm going to delete mine too I think.

F

francesco

I had just opened mine...any alternatives?

However I understand the principle but I don't think someone from photobucket is ever going to check if the newt pictures I uploaded there are posted somewhere else.

S

s1ren

I posted this before I really checked into it. The thing is, most sites have some sort of clause that allows your photographs to be used by others, unless you include a copyright notice on them.

I haven't tried Flickr, but I hear they have similar policies regarding what they consider to be "yours" or "theirs."

I think my best bet is probably to rent some space on a friend's webspace to host pictures on, or just to keep them in my personal accounts online.

In my case, it's not a huge deal - most of the pictures I had on there were just of my newts and my dogs and my house (been redecorating)...but I did remove my nature photography so that I can put copyright notices on them; and removed some personal photos that I had on there (I was attacked a few weeks ago, and had pictures of bruises and footprints on my back and stuff like that).

But I know a lot of people here are really into photography, and would be very upset to find thier stuff used without thier permission.

It just...feels weird to think that a place you trusted to be private isn't.

H

hayden

I've used Flickr forever. Its a lot more user-friendly and if you want to show other people your albums it looks a lot nicer than photobucket or picturetrail.

P

phoebe

I romoved all my photos because they are all my personal stuff, but people can just take the copyright stuff off, what would you suggest using cause i am total bombed.

S

s1ren

people can just take the copyright stuff off

Yeah, I realized that, too. Now I only use photobucket for stuff that's not my own photography (to host icons and avatars for other sites and stuff).

It helps that caudata.org allows you to upload pictures from your hard drive directly, instead of forcing you to link to them online - I really like that feature! :D

P

phoebe

I have put copyright sighns on mine for now, i made a complaint about this too, and i shall look deaper into this thing, but i dont think many people will want to use my pictures.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1