Desperatly seeking help and advice

R4pture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help.
My axies have been fed off bloodworms (Frozen) since I got them 4 months ago. I am running out of blood worms now and have moved onto trying to feed them earthworms. For some reason they love snapping at them and seem to swallow them but then an hour later i go back in to find them wiggling on the bottom of the tank well sucked but not eaten. whats wrong arent axies supposed to love live food? the worms are only small as well not huge. why wont they keep them down?

I believe you're on the right track to suspect the size - they may just be having trouble getting them down. Try cutting /chopping the worms into smaller pieces and see if that works?

-Eva

I think its size also. I agree with blueberlin cut them up or try to find some smaller ones.

I agree about the size. Also, if the axies aren't actually hungry, they will sometimes snatch up worms but later regurgitate them. So it may be that they are overeating.

what type of earth worms are they the tigerworms have a toxin in them that alot of fish and axies cant stand my axies will take them then spit them out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back