Do ADF's get Whitespot

firefly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a couple of questions please:

1/ Do ADF's catch whitespot
2/ Is Interpet No 6 whitespot treatment dangerous to them.

Many thanks

You'd probably have better luck posting this on a frog forum.

To be honest, I have not yet come across it but it is very very possible -

Ich (white spot) is a disease that acts like an aquatic parasite - There is nothing that would make frogs be immune to the parasite.

here is a pretty good website regarding the treatment and prevention of Ich.
Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish

Also, read up on salt baths. In summary,
For daily salt baths, take a spare container (Tupperware or a Kritter Keeper) - add one gallon of dechlorinated water around 72* and 1/2 Teaspoon of Epsom Salt. Let the frog remain in here for an hour. The discard the water and return the frog to its tank.

Salt baths are a great way to help the frog fight off disease and infection - they are quite tolerant of them in comparison to fish and would help with the Ich infestation.

It would also help if while the frog is in the bath, you do the massive - (M.A.S.S.I.V.E) - cleaning out of its tank!

To be honest, I have not yet come across it but it is very very possible -

Ich (white spot) is a disease that acts like an aquatic parasite - There is nothing that would make frogs be immune to the parasite.

here is a pretty good website regarding the treatment and prevention of Ich.
Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish

Also, read up on salt baths. In summary,
For daily salt baths, take a spare container (Tupperware or a Kritter Keeper) - add one gallon of dechlorinated water around 72* and 1/2 Teaspoon of Epsom Salt. Let the frog remain in here for an hour. The discard the water and return the frog to its tank.

Salt baths are a great way to help the frog fight off disease and infection - they are quite tolerant of them in comparison to fish and would help with the Ich infestation.

It would also help if while the frog is in the bath, you do the massive - (M.A.S.S.I.V.E) - cleaning out of its tank!

Thanks Jenste - my frogs don't have it but the fish in my main tank have just 'got over' a spate of it. I wanted to transfer them to the main tank at some point but won't yet obviously.

This is a salamander forum, with a frog subsection. Glad you got some information though!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back