Does the noise your filter makes bother your lotl?

Lars

New member
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Texas
Country
United States
Display Name
Lauren
So my tank is finally cycled, and I allow my juvies to "play" supervised in the 40 gallon. Of my three babies, the wild type seems to stress the easiest. He curls his gills forward. Initially, the water coming out of the filter was not touching the tank water, resulting in the "water fall" noise. It was kind of loud so I raised the water level. Now it is basically quiet, with a small hum from the motor; barely audible. I didn't notice him stressed before, but now he seems stressed. Any experience with this issue? My leucistic just sits at the bottom and my melanoid likes to swim randomly from one end to the other, but not in a "help this water is poisoned" manner. The temperature is at about 68°F, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and very low nitrates (a little less than or at 20 ppm.) I have also considered that the flow is too strong, but I was just trying to see if anyone's axies were bothered by filter noises first. Like I said, he didn't seem "stressed" before. Thanks :)
 
You can try to reduce the flow and see if that helps but sometimes there's that one axolotl that is ALWAYS complaining. My albino curls it's gills if I am at the tank or when I drop food in while everyone else is fine. Best of luck
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top