Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Domestic axies need a name!

How about pinky and the brain's genetic mutan ninja axolotls for short p&b's gmna's :D we can start feeding them worm pizzas and fight pollution and another step towards taking over the world hehehe ahumm I mean fixing ya fixing the world. ......ornamental axies?

I think "mexican walking fish" IS the common term for an Axolotl....

How about pinky and the brain's genetic mutan ninja axolotls for short p&b's gmna's :D we can start feeding them worm pizzas and fight pollution and another step towards taking over the world hehehe ahumm I mean fixing ya fixing the world. ......ornamental axies?

Ornamental axolotl, I like that. Kind of like ornamental fish or whatever..

they aren't really ornamental though, more of domesticated... heck I don't know. I guess its a conundrum. do they count as tropical since they are from mexico? angelfish are from south america as well as some other cichlids and they are tropical.... hm.

Ya I kinda like the name Mexican walking fish but as auntiejude said its not a fish :$

I don't think so, its pretty darn uncommon on here to see people calling axolotls "Mexican walking fish", maybe never actually.
Anyway, its a really misleading name......

I wouldn't call them ornamental, just domesticated.

Lol ya I saw another fish that is grey wild caught but have a similar fish with all kinds of different patterns and they call them ornamental so I figured I'd throw it out there

For clarification are we trying to come up with a name with some kind of meaning or a catchy easy to say and remember name for no other reason than to easiely distinguish between wild and domestic im confused or just the first thing to stick

And I think tropical only really refers to the desired water temperature for the fish nute critter whatever

What about Paxolotl?
Pet + Axolotl = Paxolotl :) Nice and easy to spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2