Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Doubts about my axolotls alimentation.

Magess

Reaction score
Small update. i got them to eat something yesterday, but in the last 2 days they haven't pooped anythnig. should i change anything? i'm changing their water.

in any case, Delta seems to be quite better but lambda seems to have quite a few more stones.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
So you did change the bottom out to something other than gravel? They did eat them, yes? I'm so sorry, I do not know how to help, hopefully one of the more experienced people can help you. As far as frequency of defecation, mine only goes like 2 times a week, so they don't go frequently. Lambda passed the stones on their own? Did you have to give them anything?

Magess

Reaction score
So you did change the bottom out to something other than gravel? They did eat them, yes? I'm so sorry, I do not know how to help, hopefully one of the more experienced people can help you. As far as frequency of defecation, mine only goes like 2 times a week, so they don't go frequently. Lambda passed the stones on their own? Did you have to give them anything?
Don't worry Easter! i put sand on top of the gavel as per murky's suggestion. Lambda and delta still have some stones inside their bellies. They passed the stones on their own thankfully.

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
Glad you are seeing them pass!!

They can pass for a month or more as they can move slowly so dont be surprised if you see out out of the blue!

Small update. i got them to eat something yesterday, but in the last 2 days they haven't pooped anythnig. should i change anything? i'm changing their water.

in any case, Delta seems to be quite better but lambda seems to have quite a few more stones.

Magess

Reaction score
today i decided to put them back in the tank. they pooped an awful lot! about 8-10 stones. i'm so happy they are a bit better.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
If you can, get another photo of them later, don't go out of your way to do it though. If they're in a good spot and feeling better, please share.

Magess

Reaction score
If i do see them near the wall, i'll share it! I've been palpitating their bellies and they seem emptier!🥰

Magess

Reaction score
Delta looks a lot better regarding her impactation. and even if lambda doesn't look amazing, you can feel she has less gravel inside.

Attachments

• delta.jpeg
    delta.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 129
  • lambda.jpeg
    lambda.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 104

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
Awww, poor babies. I'm so sorry no one told you quicker about the gravel. Are they at least doing better? They both look way better then the initial photos you submitted. Have they been passing the stones naturally?

Magess

Reaction score
Awww, poor babies. I'm so sorry no one told you quicker about the gravel. Are they at least doing better? They both look way better then the initial photos you submitted. Have they been passing the stones naturally?
They are doing good so far. the good thing is that they are still pooping stones, so that means that at least they are feeling better. they've been passing the stones naturally too, so i think it's good!

Magess

Reaction score
They are doing good so far. the good thing is that they are still pooping stones, so that means that at least they are feeling better. they've been passing the stones naturally too, so i think it's good!
at first i thought that the colour was one of their organs, but at some point i realized it was big enough not to be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!