Eggs hatching already?

cherryglue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Today i noticed a bunch of little baby axolotls hanging out at the bottom of the tank we have set up for our eggs (approx 9 days old) they dont move much just little bits of squirming here and there from some of them, are they too premature to live? never done the hatching thing before soo im kind of stumped, i will see if i can get some good pictures to post.

They might make it, they might not. Get some BBS going, but be aware they may not eat for 3 or 4 days.

Whats your temperature? I found at 22C I had eggs hatching at 10 days, but at 10C it was 20-21 days. You could try gently cooling your eggs to slow them down if you're not ready yet.

im getting some brine shrimp going now, i suppose that is about the right time frame, the tank is right around 20 or 21c :)

Wow, that really is early for hatching. Never seen them hatch quite that early. Yes, get the bbs going!

How did it go with your 9 day old hatchlings. I woke up to 2 name day old births today and wonder if they are going to make it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back