Ensatina photos

P

paris

here are a few pics of my Ensatina eschscholtzi platensis, they are sub adults and a juvie-like arboreals the juvie was slow to grow then went through a growth spurt where it almost caught up with the sub adult, this is the sub adult-i believe it to be a male

38908.jpg

38909.jpg

here is the juvie-it may be a female
38910.jpg

38911.jpg

here are some shots of my adult female E.e.klauberi
the girth of the tail is what indicates this is a female (males have thinner tails and a 'squared off' nose)
38941.jpg

38942.jpg

here is a pic of her in my hand to help give an indication of her size
38943.jpg

here is a shot of what she live in-i kept her and a male in a bigger set up but he died-possibly cause i kept the substrate too damp (these guys like it drier than one would expect) she has done well in this set up for over a year so i am reluctant to give her a new one since she is doing well in this one.
38944.jpg

Nice klaub. I'll have to post a pic of the adult female I picked up in Pine Valley this year, awesome deep orange.

Moisture is definitely problematic with Ensatina. Especially when you're trying to provide a damp nesting spot without saturating the entire enclosure.

RUSS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back